Monday, September 8, 2008

A New Tennis Champion?


Today marks the final day of the U.S. Open in New York and tennis fans around the world can hardly contain their excitement for the championship match.


Nadal is out of the picture for once and Federer is back where he belongs, taking on the UK's Andy Murray, ranked #6 in the world.


I saw Murray lose to Nadal last month at the Roger's Cup Semi-Finals in Toronto and I'm thrilled that Murray, who put up a great fight, was given a second chance to beat the brutish Spaniard. He's a gifted athlete with a lot more grace than the bum picking Nadal. He's much better looking too.


I"m also glad that Federer is out of his slump and back in the finals, where he rightly deserves to be. Even though I'd love to see the underdog win, I miss Federer's reign as tennis champion and I'd like him to continue to be seen as a threat to Nadal.

No comments: