Monday, November 3, 2008

R.I.P. Halloween




Halloween, my favourite holiday of the year (tied closely with St. Patrick's Day) has officially come to an end. After prolonging the Hallow's Eve into a full out weekend, I have come to the realization, with the aided visual of decaying pumpkins, that we must wait another 362 days for creative costumes to adorn our leafy streets.

Fortunately, a good friend of mine has suggested having a halfway Halloween party on May 1st. This can either serve as practice for the real deal, or as another excuse to dress up and have a good time because we tend to lose our inhibitions when we are dressed as someone else.


I met so many fantastic people this weekend and I have no clue what they really look like but they had the right attitude and Halloween spirit which made me like them right off the bat.


Speaking of spirits and bats, here are a few of my favourite costumes from the weekend.




Surprisingly, I only saw 2 Sarah Palin's all weekend and no Obama's, although I"m sure there were plenty in the States. According to a recent poll, the most popular costume this Halloween for couples was Lindsay Lohan & Samantha Ronson who unfortunately I did not run into this year. Instead I saw the same old recycled Amy Winehouse wig and Borat jumpsuit.



I also saw quite a few business people dressed up during the day on Friday which is always a good idea. When else can you wear a stuffed bunny's head with your suit and tie? I swear I saw a man doing that on King Street Friday afternoon. He reminded me of the guy in the Daft Punk video "Da Funk" who walks around the streets of NY wearing a dog's head and no one seems to notice. It's a fantastic video that raises a lot of questions and I've posted it on the side to help you get over your Halloween malaise.

No comments: