Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Girl Talk in Toronto!


Ever since I bought my Girl Talk ticket, 5 months ago, I have anxiously been anticipating the 12th of November. Luckily I had quite a few other momentous occasions to keep me occupied (Canada Day, TIFF, Halloween, Guy Faukes Day, the American election... to name a few) and now the day has finally arrived, quicker than expected!


Girl Talk, a.k.a., Gregg Gillis, is a young DJ who knows how to get the dance floor moving! He is well loved and loathed for his signature style of mashing up popular songs from different genres and decades to create a unique tune that makes you smile at the clever incorporation of songs you never thought would work together, but do.



Some critics hate his concept of stealing other artists' music. I think that he incorporates their work in a brilliant way and would be honoured if Girl Talk borrowed one of my songs. (Too bad I don't have any)



His latest album, Feed the Animals, is a splendid cacophonous masterpiece and can be downloaded for any price you like, right here.

No comments: