Thursday, June 2, 2011

Button Power



I have an old black Theory blazer that I got on sale, about ten years ago, at Holt Renfrew. It came with the boring looking buttons pictured above. The blazer fits perfectly but I wasn't wearing it that often because the buttons were nothing special. I'm a firm believer that clothing should make you feel awesome and I just felt ordinary wearing my black blazer. At first I couldn't figure out why, thinking that maybe my tastes had changed over the years, until I realized that the greyish/light brown/black buttons were the culprit.


The buttons would have made more of an impact had they been one solid colour instead of three different ones trying to unsuccessfully mesh. Rather, they just looked dirty, as if they had originally been black but had faded overtime or picked up dirt which made their colour lighter in spots. Strange that Theory would use such ugly buttons, but hey, maybe that's why the blazer was on sale.


Regardless, I decided to love my blazer and buy cool buttons to make it pop! Hence, the photo at the top of this posting which shows the polished gold buttons that I picked up to replace the dull ones. It's hard to tell from the photo above, but my blazer looks a thousand times better. Friends and family members think it's a new purchase and I feel like gold when I wear it which just goes to show you the power and potential of buttons.

No comments: