Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Naked & Famous



Naked & Famous is a new line of premium raw Japanese denim coming straight out of Montreal. With no embellishments, rips or unnecessary designs to distract from the gorgeous beauty of high quality denim, these jeans are surprisingly cheap, at least in Canada. Ranging in price from $100 - $125 depending on cut and colour, these jeans look hot on both guys and girls.





I own a pair of the black skinny girls, as pictured above, and love the fit which is slightly higher in the waist than shown on the model. I haven't had my jeans shortened yet, since you aren't supposed to wash raw denim for 6 months and they might shrink when washed. In the meantime, I either tuck them into my cowboy boots or roll the cuff up. With normal jeans this wouldn't look so good, but with raw selvedge denim, it looks fantastic and keeps the leg looking sharp. (Definition of selvedge denim is courtesy of the Haute Concept blog)



A.P.C. and Nudie Jeans are other brands that use selvedge denim but their prices are more expensive and they aren't made in Canada. I'm excited to see what characteristics my jeans will take on over the next few months as they accompany me through their first snowy winter.



It's nice to see a more personal connection being offered to the owner and his jeans. It brings denim back to its historical and durable roots of being a reliable second skin, making the wearer feel naked and famous.



Naked & Famous Denim can be purchased at Over The Rainbow in Toronto and at Holt Renfrew locations across Canada.

No comments: