Saturday, May 24, 2008

French Tunes







I had the opportunity to check out French DJ's Omnikrom & Numero the other night who played at my favourite dancing playground, The Social. Omnikrom & Numero hail from my 2nd favourite Canadian city, Montreal, where I spent 4 very fun years of my life.


Omnikrom & Numero are both on the Saboteur label and appear on the 4th installment of the hyped Kitsune Maison Compilation series. Numero's sound is catchy electro pop, similar in my opinion to Yelle, the young Parisian belle, who looks like she came out of a hipster version of a Cindy Lauper music video. The above picture on the right was taken of Yelle at her show at Toronto's legendary Opera House in April.



The picture on the left is from last Thursday's show at the Social. To learn more about la belle province, be sure to check out the Omnikrom track "Danse La Poutine".

No comments: